Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Family, Food, & Fun Accessories

I am excited to get back to business as usual with Chick Pea.  Our family has been on what I have dubbed "house arrest" since Thanksgiving.  We are expecting baby #2 in July and I felt sick from Thanksgiving until Christmas.  Christmas, however, was magical as our 2 yr old excitedly celebrated Jesus' birthday (she loves birthdays) and the anticipation of presents. Then the wonderful whirlwind of Christmas ended with my little Chick Pea getting the flu for 6 days straight.  She just wanted to be held so I sat on the couch with her for a week. I apologize to one of my dear friends who is patiently awaiting her order as I can't find the time to get to the fabric store.  Maybe this week during Mom's Day Out...

Today I decided that I would start adding a little more substance to the Chick Pea blog.  My mom gave me The Family Dinner, by Laurie David, for Christmas and I am captivated by it.  The book champions the benefits of family dinner conversation and eating healthy. My husband's long work days, a hungry toddler, and a tired mom make it hard to pull off family dinner, so i reveled in the encouragement. Tonight we made pita pizza's (p.124) and our family discussion was "What ..." (p. 164) My daughter said if she were a fruit it would be a nugget.  Hmmm...need to work on food group identification.  When she grows up she wants to be a cow because they say moo.  LOL The food was great and a good time was had by all.

Now on to the bows...I am loving my new tiny colored elastic flower combinations for baby Chick Peas.  I am hoping to get creative with more designs this spring.  Below are a few items ready for sale.  Contact me if you interested  in adding one to your collection: chickpeahairbows@gmail.com


$3 Bow, $8 hat-Valentine Red Crochet Hat with White Ruffle Bow on a removable clip (hat size 3-9 mth)








$3- Funky Floral Basic Bow- wear it with lime, orange, or gray











$8 Large Flower, $8 hat- Black Crochet Hat with Elegant Cream Flower and Faux Pearl Center on a removable clip (hat size 3-9 mth or 1-3 yr)

No comments:

Post a Comment